YEAR OF THE SWITCH
Week of January 1st, 2017
WARP DOGS’ CORP LOGS
- The state of our WARP CORP has increased to ~otherworldly~
- The Extinction-Level-Event (ELE) has been pushed back to 34 weeks away. A new record!
New year, new life. This is the year I make the big switch.
Each year I try to make some semblance of resolutions – lose weight, read more books, that type of thing – but this year it all feels so much more intense. It’s like I really got to mean them this time, you know? There’s some magic to big decisions, and I’m hoping some of it rubs off on these resolutions.
Anyway. Enough of that wishy-washy stuff. Resolutions for me are as follows:
- Have a Kickstartable by December 31st
- Adopt the slogan, “Let’s do our best today”
- Start a “gratitude journal” to remind me what matters in life
- Practice mindfulness, whatever that means for me
- Lose 80 pounds
- Oh, and celebrate the insanely good vibes about video games
Last sprint I committed to GameMaker Studio for my game’s engine. This sprint, I’ll work on learning all the ins and outs of GMS while also porting over my Lua code. I’ve said this a few times already with little success, but I really and sincerely hope to have much more to share at the end of this sprint
On the non-coding front, I plan to continue iterating over the various mind maps and other analysis artifacts in prep for the big day. I want to be laser-focused and dialed in and all those other cliches the very day I quit, and to do that I need to have the full breadth of analysis completed and ready to go.
Beyond that, I hope to use these last 2 weeks of relative stability to help out the more foundational aspects of my move – budgets, getting health care sorted out, working on my writing, that kind of thing. These are aspects that will become harder to focus on as the anxiety of my move sinks in, so it’s important to figure it out now.
That’s it for now. Let’s do our best today, ok?