IT’S REAL AND IT’S SPECTACULAR
Week of January 8th, 2017
WARP DOGS’ CORP LOGS
- The state of our WARP CORP is still ~otherworldly~
- The Extinction-Level-Event (ELE) has been pushed back to 34 weeks away. A new record!
Nearly 14 weeks ago (hey, that number looks familiar!) I made the decision to quit my job and pursue my lifelong dream to create, play, and become immersed in all things video game.
Didn’t seem real then, but it sure feels real now, and boy does it feel spectacular.
I’ve often wondered about what I’m suppose to feel – anxiety? Dread? Excitement? Some sort of mixture?
I have probably felt just about every emotion there is to feel these last few months, so what’s leftover is nothing but pure, unadulterated excitement. I’m so god damned ready for this to begin.
After this week…it does.
The biggest goal this week is to get through my last workweek successfully. Beyond that…
- This week marks 2017’s first full moon, and thus begins my weird experiment to release a build of my game each lunar cycle. I’m calling it the Were-Release for now, but there is surely a better name
- I’m also going to take the final steps to transfer my life to fulltime development
- On the feature front, I want a hero that moves around and has basic actions, like dialog. I’m also planning out a basic UI, basic collision, basic room transition, and a whole lot of other basic things
- By the end of this week, I’ll have something that actually & honestly looks like a game. For real!
That’s it for now. Let’s do our best today, ok?