Oof, that’ll teach me to make a bunch of changes on a release day.
It’s obvious now that Alpha 2 needed much more thorough testing of the last-minute changes; many of you have reported crashes and other problems that are preventing you from even playing.
I was able to fix the majority of them and I’ve placed a new patched version of the game – Alpha 2.1 – in your download portal for you to grab. You’ll also get a new email if you’ve downloaded it already.
I’m such an idiot, and I’m really very sorry for releasing such a sloppy version of the game out there. I knew I was taking a risk in making changes so soon to release, and it clearly was not the right move.
I’ve learned my lesson – expect more stable releases in the future.
Alpha 2.1 Fixes
- Fixed a crash related to a door in the player’s house
- Fixed a crash related to the vending machine
- Fixed a crash related to the journal’s Mystery section
- Fixed a crash related to leaving the vacant house
- Fixed a crash related to music on the 3rd day
- Adjusted animations to the player character when the day ends
- Fixed an issue with ‘freezing’ the character if you attempt to place furniture outside
- Adjusted the draw distance to see less pop-in, especially with trees
- Fixed a transparency issue with Bottes’ dialogue in the general store
- The bed in Boros’ house has been fixed (again)
- Boros’ hello box has been adjusted
- A linebreak in the Castled Cake description has been fixed