IT’S REAL AND IT’S SPECTACULAR
Week of January 8th, 2017
This is it, friends. This big ol’ life change no longer needs to be spoken of in future tense or hypotheticals – it’s real.
(and yeah, it’s spectacular)
The career is dead; long live the career.
Just the act of putting up a build helped bring my goals and ideas into sharp focus. I now have a great sense for what the next release (code named “Snow”) has in store, as well as some strategies for getting there.
This is the final “Pre-Sprint”. What starts tomorrow is Sprint 1, and we’ll keep chugging away until this thing is finished or the wheels come flying off going highway speed.
Thanks for following along
- The first official release has been, uh, released – no matter how rough, it’s impossible not to be proud of that
- Lot of good work, like with a new text system, a very basic dog fetch, sea fly AI, and more
- Oh, and I actually quit my job to dedicate my life to this new thing – guess that’s important?
- Leaving work was incredibly melancholy. There are certainly some things I won’t miss, but those people? The people I sat with and worked with for 6 years? I miss them all terribly
- Had some very frustrating Git moments in which I completely hosed my “master” branch seemingly by accident
- Lesson learned? Treat master with a bit more respect and branch more often
SHOW & TELL