The Steam Winter Sale + The Next Big Thing
We’re little over halfway through the Steam Winter Sale! You can still grab Village Monsters for 20% OFF between now and January 5th.
If it seems like there has been an endless stream of sales lately… well, that’s because there have been.
This is the 3rd major sale Village Monsters has been a part of since October. However, this is probably the last major Steam sale prior to Village Monsters hitting version 1.0 in Spring 2021, so I hope you take this opportunity to grab your copy.
The Journey to v1.0: The Pitstop to v0.90
Back in September I announced a major update that I was calling “The Living Lands”. I split off a small chunk of it for October’s big update, but I’ve been hard at work on the original scope of features ever since.
The update is big. So big, in fact, that I’m now comfortable labeling it version 0.90 – in other words, one of the last big releases before we hit the fabled v1.0.
So what’s coming? Well, here’s a partial list of things to get hyped for:
- The promise of a “living, breathing world” finally realized
- Exciting changes to the world triggered by the seasons, weather, and game progress
- Village events and holidays, including tons of new visitors and event NPCs
- More Village Restoration Projects and rewards for increasing your village level
- Fleshed out lore and backstories, including many new Heart-to-Heart events
- Villagers follow robust schedules which can include shopping, banter, and hobbies
- New critters, fish, birds, butterflies, weather, treasures, wines, scrolls, cupcakes, and much more
- Tons of new music, sound effects, and ambient noises
- A boatload of bug fixes
The one downside of a big update is that it takes me a big amount of time of finish. But things are looking really good so far, and the plan is to release it in January. More on that (and a more proper dev diary) as we get closer.
That’s all for now! It’s been a good year for Village Monsters (and not much else), but I’m really looking forward to what’s coming in 2021. Hope everyone had a great holiday time, and I wish you all a happy new year!