About Village Monsters
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the world of an abandoned video game? All those NPCs with their artificial lives…what happens to them after the game is powered off for that final time?
Village Monsters is an relaxing village life-sim set in one such forgotten world.
Subscribe to the Village Monsters Dispatch!
WHAT’S ALL THIS?
My name is Josh, and I’m making Village Monsters, a life sim game in the style of Animal Crossing, with visual & tonal inspiration from the Mother series.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IN IT?
Kick your feet up and put down roots in this cozy monstrous village. Here’s a partial list of features you can expect to enjoy!
- Meet and befriend dozens of whimsical monsters each with their own personalities, schedules, and problems to solve.
- Personalize your homestead with furniture, decorations, and upgrades. Hang up new wallpaper! Plant a garden! Sit atop a strange throne you found in the woods!
- Pick up a new hobby, like archaeology, critter collecting, gardening, or fishing, then donate your findings to the Historical Society.
- Leave your mark on the village by unlocking new buildings, fixing up infrastructure, and customizing different aspects.
- Fill out your daily routine with fun activities, talking with villagers, attending village events, hunting for mushrooms, and so much more!
- Experience total immersion in a world that’s constantly changing as the days go by.
- Complete a massive journal that tracks all your collectibles, secrets, and triumphs.
- Unravel a unique story as you explore this forgotten digital land.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT RELEASING?
Village Monsters is releasing to PC / Mac / Linux in 2019
HOW CAN I FOLLOW DEVELOPMENT?
I’m very active on Twitter, so if that’s your thing too then I’d love to have you follow along.
There’s also email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Beyond that, there’s lot of other choices!
- Game Twitter (game updates + screenshots)
- Facebook page
Finally, if you think about it there’s really just a finite number of humans out there, so if we both talk to enough of them then we’ll eventually find each other. I look forward to seeing you!